How can I fit my rectangular image into a Square Fracture?
Do you have a rectangular photo that you'd like to have made into a Square Fracture? Good news! We've made this step-by-step guide to help you do just that.
- Begin by uploading your image to our website. Once uploaded, you'll want to head to our Advanced Editor.
- Here, you'll want to select the " Square" shape option.
- This will fit the rectangular image into a square frame. However, since our original image is not in a 1:1 aspect ratio (square aspect ratio), the Advanced Editor will automatically put white borders on the top and bottom of the photo to fill in any empty space.
- Check out our blog to find out more about aspect ratios.
At this point you have two options:
- You can either have your Fracture printed with these white borders by selecting "Save my changes."
- Or, remove the borders by cropping a portion of your image to fit that 1:1 aspect ratio. You can do this by selecting the crop tool:
Once the crop tool is selected, you'll be able to select the portion of your image you want to include on your square shaped Fracture. Make sure to hold down the
shift key while you drag the corners of the selection area, to maintain the 1:1 aspect ratio.
Move and resize the cropped area until you've found a portion that you are happy with. Then, select the green "
After cropping, your image will now have a white border surrounding it. This can be easily removed by selecting the "
Borderless" option to the left.
Your image should now fit snugly into our square sized Fracture. The final step is to select "
Save my changes".
And, you're good to go! Continue the
ordering process as usual.